Bringing the Love of God to Peru and Beyond
From 2010 to 2013, Face to Face teams accomplished several projects that demonstrated the love of God in practical ways. The projects included:
- Numerous two and three-day medical clinics treated hundreds of people each day, dispensing medicine, medical advice, vision tests complete with reading and sometimes regular glasses, dental services, and personal prayer for anyone who wanted it.
- For the church in Pachacutec, we built a wooden latrine with locking door to replace a ragged curtain that gave little privacy. For the same church, beginning in January, 2010, began providing milk and fruit for a group of around 40 children who come for a Bible study every Saturday morning.
- For the girls home Hope House in Jincamarca, we rewired the entire building’s electrical system, built a chicken coop, painted and did light construction, and brought clothes, soap, shampoo and other bath products as well as other gifts for the girls. We also played volleyball with them and shared encouraging messages.
- For Villa La Paz, Dr. Tony Lazarre’s home for children, we brought needed medical supplies and spent time with the precious children there who all have serious medical conditions including severe burns, physical abnormalities, diseases and other serious conditions.
- We provided funding for school fees for Candy, a young woman in Pachacutec, whose mother owns the property the church is on, so she could study cosmetology and get a job to bring in money to help her family. In 2011, Candy was 17 years old, about to finish high school with no future in the poor area of Pachacutec. Face to Face stepped up and funded her schooling. Today, she has a job and is able to help her mom and sisters.